relate to its chemical properties as a heavy metal
rather than its radioactivity.
• Shielding containers for radioactive sources
• Counter balance weights for yacht keels
• Aircraft landing gear
• Ballast in satellites and missiles
• Drilling equipmen
POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS OF DEPLETED URANIUM
• No adverse health effects have been observed from radiation exposure.
• The kidney is the most sensitive organ to the effects of depleted uranium.
• High doses of depleted uranium, just like many other heavy metals can damage the kidneys.